First Day of School: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
11225 Miller Rd, Whittier, CA 90604
Welcome to La Colima!
La Colima School is a tight-knit community of students, teachers, parents, and support staff members with a common interest- developing the best child-centered learning environment in which students grow academically, socially, and emotionally.
At La Colima School, we believe…
• Education is a partnership between the school and family,
• A quality educational program must be accessible to all children,
• All children can make progress toward meeting the District and State standards,
• Learning best takes place in an atmosphere of mutual respect and safety, and
• Children must be instilled with a love of learning in order to gain a true sense of self-worth and develop into caring and productive adults.
The mission of La Colima School is to work in partnership with parents and the community to create a child-centered learning environment in which children:
• Grow academically,
• Develop an effective work ethic,
• Build self-esteem,
• Develop self-discipline,
• Become citizens of strong character,
• Work cooperatively with each other, and
• Learn environmental responsibility enabling them to become productive, responsible, contributing members of society.